Goda nyheter!! Jag har fått mer att göra
Nästa år kommer konferensen GikII 2011 hållas här i Göteborg mellan 26 – 28 juni. GikII beskriver sig själv
The first GikII event in September 2006 established itself as the first workshop in the world where the worlds of law, technology and popular culture came together. We want to discuss whether geek law exists; by the end of the workshop we had created it. Topics covered at the first workshop included surveillance strategies in the novels of Harry Potter; how to avoid building open source killer robots; whether we need a new legal regime for the regulation of virtual property; copyright law, anime, fansubs ; comparative pornography law, TRIPS and Japanese manga; virtual world governance; the law of entropy and old computers; technophobia and technophilia; and much much more.
Hur kan man inte älska en konferens där artiklar som dessa presenteras:
- Judith Rauhofer, “The Rainbow Connection – of geeks, trolls and muppets“.
- Simon Bradshaw and Hugh Hancock, “Machinima: Game-Based Animation and the Law”.
- Steven Hetcher, “Conceptual Art, Found Art, Ephemeral Art, and Non-Art: Challenges to Copyright’s Relevance”.
- Andres Guadamuz Luddism 2.0, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Web
- Lillian Edwards Death 2.0
- Melissa de Zwart ‘Angel(us) is my avatar!’
- Andrew Adams Seeing The Future: Free Will, Predetermination and Human Rights in the Risk Society
- Daithi Mac Sithigh I’m in ur tube blocking ur internets: The Politics, Perception and Parody of Network Neutrality Legislation
- Jordan Hatcher Drawing in Permanent Ink: A Look at Copyright Law and Tattoos
- Simon Deane-Johns We, the Lunatics, Control the Asylum